Microsoft has rolled out the first preliminary version of Windows 10 Technical Preview for smartphones and a bunch of new changes, features and improvements are added and updated. One of the less glamorous, yet still essential, new apps is the Calculator.
The all-new Modern UI calculator is very different from the one included in Windows Phone 8.1, which was quite limited in basic calculations. With a clean look, the new one offers options for standard, scientific and programmer calculators. Instead of installing a third party app, you’ll have the stock option to take care of you.
There are also a plethora of categories for converting values, which is incredibly useful for your daily life. Here is the full list:
1. Volume: For conversions between millimeters, cubic centimeters, cubic meters, liters, teaspoons, tablespoons, quarts and gallons.
2. Length: To perform conversions between meters, kilometers, centimeters, nanometers, inches, feet, microns, and millimeters.
3. Weight: To interchange between grams, kilograms, hectograms, dekagrams, metric tons, ounces, pounds and stones.
4. Temperature: For converting Celsius to Fahrenheit or Kelvin.
5. Energy: Quite useful for conversions between joules, electron volts, kilojoules, thermal calories, food calories, foot-pounds and British thermal units.
6. Area: Comes in handy when converting square meters to square kilometers, square centimeters, square millimeters, hectares, square inches and square feet.
7. Speed: Extremely useful for students studying Physics which involves conversions between meters, centimeters and feet per second. It can also be used to convert kilometers to miles per hour and for knots and machs as well.
8. Time: Ever faced difficulties in converting minutes to seconds, milliseconds, microseconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even years? This converter has you covered.
9. Power: Used for conversions between watts, kilowatts, horsepower, foot-pounds and BTUs per minute.
10. Data: This calculator will also come in handy when one needs to convert data between kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes etc.
11. Pressure: For conversions related to pascal, PSI, bars and atmospheric pressure.
12. Angle: This converter can be used for basic calculations between degrees and radians.
As we said before, it’s not glamorous. But it’s surely handy and reducing the number of third-party apps you’ll need to use, especially for students, programmers and engineers.
When it comes to hardware malfunction, the first one we think of is CUP breakdown. No user wants to face with this issue which is the one we must face. It is so helpless. However, it needs neither very professionally profound knowledge nor precise maintenance tools to solve these problems. As long as you are brave but not reckless, and get your hands dirty, you can easily make it. Here are some cases of CPU breakdown. Take them as references and you can solve these problems next time.
Case one: over temperature in CUP will cause computer crash
Question: My computer broke down after it operated in a short time. The temperature of CPU on Power on Self Test and BIOS are shown at about 75 degrees. Is the over temperature that causes my computer breakdown? How to solve it?
Answer: Seventy-five degrees in the CPU is abnormal. This temperature is sure to shut down your computer. The reasons for over temperature in CUP can be CPU overclock, fan abnormal function, cooling fin poor installation or heat dissipation silicon grease under the CPU uneven daubing. You can unpack the fan and check if it is normal. If not, you’d better change a new one with a better performance. And then you can check whether the cooling fin is stably installed. Next you should check if the heat dissipation silicon grease is daubed on the surface on the CPU. At last, if you find CPU overclock, you should reduce the frequency or make sure heat is dissipated. Otherwise, the CPU will be badly burnt.
Case two: computer shut down automatically
Question: sometimes computer operates well. But it will shut down or restart automatically. Why?
Answer: The reason for computer shutdown and restart are various, such as CPU over temperature, power supply failure, automatic protection function enablement when mainboard over temperature. If the shutdown keeps going, you should check if the heat dissipation of CPU is normal, and then open the fan to check if the fan blade functions well. After that, you should go into BIOS to check the fan speed and working temperature of CPU. If the fan is wrong, you should maintain it. In addition, if your CPU is overclock, you should recover it to the original one or change you fan to a new one with higher power. Nowadays, most of the mainboards can control the temperature of CPU. So you must make setting in BIOS in mainboard in case the temperature exceeds the temperature which has been set. If you have done all, you can solve this problem.
CPU is very important to a computer. If there is some wrong in you computer, you can not use it any more. So you must learn something to protect it. The better CPU is, the better you will feel when you use your computer. Begin right now. Your PC needs your tender care.
Roll Around Ads is a very dangerous threat categorized as adware perform many malicious task to disturb your work and change settings. This threat display different kind of advertisements in your browser. These infected pop-up ads always displayed on the visited websites. It appears as the most annoying advertisements and always pretends to attract more users. The infected component related to Roll Around Ads tracks the browser detail and privacy to share with dubious sites. This makes you in more dangerous situation that, only to optimize commercialized value, threat act in a very harmful way.
How to know if Your System is infected with Roll Around Ads?
Roll Around Ads secretly enters onto the system without the permission of the user. Once it gets installed onto the PC then it brings several problems to user. It will display several annoying popup ads as well as sponsored links within the web browser. There are some major symptoms through which a user can easily understand that their PC is infected with this very infection. Given below the list of major symptoms.
1. The system will behave strangely that you haven’t seen before;
2. It will display numerous popup ads on the web browser;
3. The background setting will change;
4. The PC will not load when you start the computer;
5. You will find that the files and folders have been deleted;
6. The PC will work slowly;
7. The web browser will behave erratically;
8. The system will freeze frequently or the programs will run slowly.
Step 1: Uninstall unwanted program
Go to the “Start” menu, select “Control Panel”. Locate “Programs and Features”. Look for target program and uninstall.
Step 2: Uninstall Add-on from your browsers (e.g.IE)
1. Click on the Tools -> select Manage Add-ons;
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions tab ->right click on RollAround ->select Disable in the drop-down menu;
3. Hit Disable and then close the window.
Step 3: Reset your browser (e.g. IE)
1. Select the following options one by one: Tool ->> Internet Options ->> Advanced ->> Reset
2. On Reset IE settings tab, tick Delete personal settings, click Reset button and you will get Reset IE Settings window;
Step 4: Delete its folder files and entries